At JP Silks, we take pride in offering exquisite silk products. To ensure the longevity and beauty of your silk items, please follow these care instructions diligently:
- Professional Dry Cleaning: Our silk products should only be entrusted to professional dry cleaners. Petrol wash is also suitable if necessary. Avoid hand washing or machine washing at all costs, as silk is delicate and prone to damage.
- No Soaps or Detergents: Never use any soaps or detergents on silk. They can harm the fabric and affect its color and luster.
- Storage Matters: Preserve the luster of your silk sarees by storing them in muslin cloth. Periodically refold the sarees to prevent crease fading. Store them in a cool, dry place to prevent discoloration.
- Steam Ironing Preferred: When ironing silk, opt for steam ironing. This method is gentler on the fabric and helps maintain its sheen. Natural fading may occur over time, depending on usage and care.
- Emergency Washing: In unavoidable circumstances, you can wash the garment with mild detergent in cold water. Do not twist or wring it dry. Please note that washing the saree is at your own risk, and we cannot guarantee the color, fabric, or zari.
Our cotton products are designed for easy care and durability. Follow these care instructions for the best results:
- Launder with Ease: Cotton garments are sturdy, making laundering easy. Starching can help maintain shine and wrinkle-free appearance.
- Avoid Sun Exposure: Keep cotton garments out of direct sunlight to prevent color fading. Instead of hanging, store them folded.
- Dry Cleaning Optional: Dry cleaning is not essential for cotton items; regular washing suffices. Iron them with a standard or steam iron as needed.
For garments made from delicate fabrics like chiffon, georgette, and crepe, special care is necessary:
- No Machine Washing: Avoid machine washing at all costs. Dry cleaning is the best choice, or use gentle hand washing only when necessary. Do not twist or wring the fabric.
- Maintain Fabric Form: These fabrics are prone to losing form, so don't hang them for extended periods. Refold them occasionally to prevent crease damage.
- Gentle Ironing: Iron at a low temperature, moving the iron rapidly. Avoid leaving the iron in one place for too long to prevent damage.
Stain Removal Techniques:
For stain removal, professional help is advisable. However, you can try these tips as a first step:
- Protein Stains (Perspiration, Deodorant): Dab the stain with a cotton cloth soaked in detergent and rinse gently with cold water.
- Nail Polish Stains: Rub acetone on the stained area.
- Grease and Combination Stains (Gravy, Beverages, Oil, Butter, etc.): Dab talcum powder on the stain, then dust it off. Use dry cleaning liquid, rinse with cool water, followed by lukewarm water.
Please note that the above tips are suggestions, and we cannot guarantee the color, fabric, or zari when attempting stain removal. Your satisfaction with our products is our utmost priority at JP Silks.